Fulbright Master’s Student Award
Fulbright Master’s Student Awards for 2018-‘19
The US-SLFC invites applications from qualified candidates for the Fulbright Student Programme for the academic year 2018 – 2019 in the following disciplines; Social Sciences & Humanities, Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences, Architecture and Engineering, Commerce and Management Studies. The awards are intended to assist a limited number of scholars, selected for their academic excellence, to do their post-graduate (master’s level only) study in American universities. Graduates who have not had extensive prior exposure to the United States are encouraged to apply.
1. Be a Sri Lankan citizen and have continuously resided in Sri Lanka for a minimum of 2 years at the time of applying for this award.
2. Possess a 4-year bachelor’s from a Sri Lankan university. Those with degrees from non-Sri Lankan universities are welcome to apply provided they possess the equivalent of a 4-year Sri Lankan degree. Applicants with 3-year degrees from Sri Lanka and India are required to possess a relevant post-graduate qualification (for example, a post-graduate diploma in a relevant subject).
3. Be committed to reside in Sri Lanka on completion of the award for a minimum of 2 years.
4. Possess at a minimum, 1 year of post-qualifying experience in the proposed field of study.
5. Be below the age of 35 years on the 1st of October, 2017.
Duration of award: a maximum of 2 academic years (for a Master’s degree only)
Deadline: 30th of June 2017
Interviews (of shortlisted candidates only): August/September
· Preference is given to applicants in the fields of Humanities and Social Sciences.
· dependents will not be supported on this grant, however selected grantees may take their dependents at their expense
You need to complete the online Foreign Fulbright Programme Application which can be accessed by going to the site at the following link:
2. You do not need to contact the Commission as instructed by the application site, but please follow the instructions given here. At this stage we require only the following Supplemental Forms out of those asked for on the web page at the above link.
· 3 letters of reference – please ask your referees to send the letters of reference ( copies of references upload on to your online application by your referees must to be posted to the Commission by your referees) under confidential cover to the Fulbright Commission before the 30th of June 2017
· The Signature Form
Do not complete the other Supplemental Forms at this stage.
3. Scores for any standardised tests such at TOEFL, GRE and GMAT are not required at this stage. Therefore when you answer question 24 (Examination Results) on the online application form, indicate a future date (eg. October 2017) as your tentative test date if you don’t have the scores.
4. We do not need the information requested in the online application form’s Personal Financial Information Section. However, as this is an online application form, your form may not get "submitted" if you do not complete those fields. So indicate nominal amounts (Eg..$ 100) to complete those fields.
Once you have completed the online application and have submitted it online:
- Please print out a copy of the online application before you submit it online and send the copy to the Fulbright Commission (No. 55 Abdul Caffoor Mawatha, Colombo 3) by registered post before the 30th of June 2017.
- Please submit the application online after you print out the hard copy.
- Your application dossier, which must be sent to the Commission, must include a hardcopy of all uploaded documents such as your project statement, CV, results sheets and letters of reference.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only candidates shortlisted for
interviews will be notified.
US-SL Fulbright Commission
No 55 Abdul Caffoor Mawatha, Colombo 03